Sunday, November 9, 2008

Predictions

November 9, 2008

Have been seeing Sarah Palin on the news quite a bit in the last few days. For all the polls and pundits' proclaiming Obama's victory, I was quite worried about how the election might turn out. I wondered what I'd do if Pailn got elected. What would happen to my faith that smart folks would eventually see light? Thank God, Obama won and they did or vice versa.

My impression of Palin is she has tasted blood (even if it was her own, if you will) and she will return for more. Her immediate opportunity might be if she decides to run for the seat belonging to Ted Stevens, the multi-term senator from Alaska, if he wins and chooses not to return or is not "allowed" to return.

The determination that Palin displays borders on masochism. So, my gut feeling she'll run to occupy Stevens's seat, if vacated. What dauntless chutzpah she displayed and she now calls others mean-spirited? Hello!

Appearance wise Obama looks like a pharaoh to me. To those who believe in reincarnation, he might even be considered a reincarnation of President Lincoln. Go ahead and try disproving this.

Overate on Friday at the IALI women's lunch and again yesterday at dinner at friend's home. Worked out at the gym today, but mustn't keep overeating like this no matter how being "off-shore" gives license to the cookie monster in me. The sweets give me a bad headache and enervate me, too. Getting back on track takes forever. Feels good though if I can get rid of my headache without resorting to a pain killer like I did yesterday.

Feeling great today. Experimented with a new dish I learned from Meena the cashier at the Biggest Banana. Spinach, Green Methi (fenugreek), dill, scallion, dry split peas, chili powder and turmeric. Smelt strange. Must improve on this bare bones recipe. Decided to mix it up with the pumpkin, potato, onion, tomato, garlic, ginger, green chili dish from yesterday. DELICIOUS!

Good night!

Got to go.

No comments: